Saturday, September 3, 2011

Simple Saturday Breakfast

During the week, my breakfast staple is pretty much oatmeal out of a pouch. I actually never leave myself enough time in the morning to make breakfast at home, so oatmeal is the easiest thing that I can make right when I get into the office. So when it comes to the weekend, I try to make something that's a bit more flavorful but still is easy to prepare and clean up. Eggs are usually our go-to, but we try to make them a bit different each weekend so that it's not the same old, same old. This weekend I added an Italian flair by combining scrambled eggs with pancetta, parmesan cheese and fresh thyme.

Eggs with Pancetta, Parmesan and Thyme
Serves 2

1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T diced pancetta (or more to your liking)
4 eggs
1/4 c. milk
2 T parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper
1/2 T fresh thyme

In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and bring to temperature. Add pancetta to pan and saute until crispy. While pancetta is crisping, add eggs, milk and cheese to a bowl and whisk to combine. Once combined, add egg mixture to skillet and cook with pancetta until eggs are properly scrambled. Remove from skillet and sprinkle with thyme. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment