Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Brussels are the best!

I don't think that I've ever shared my love for Brussels sprouts. At least on this blog...friends, family, co-workers have all heard how much I love them. It was about time I shared my love of them with the interwebs. Brussels sprouts can be prepared in a multitude of ways. Crispy, sauteed, and even fried. One of my good friends makes a nice, creamy version with bacon that are delish. However, when I fix them at home, I prepare them in the simplest manner possible--roasted in the oven. Roasting brussels sprouts in the oven is just perfect--each little sprout is the perfect mix of crunchy but soft at the same time. And don't even get me started on the crispy little leaves that fall off the sprout and carmelize in the oven. Ah! I just can't get enough!

When picking out your Brussels sprouts in the grocery store, look for the ones that are a good green color, are firm and have compact leaves. Avoid those that look puffy and have yellow or holey leaves on the outside.


Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Serves 2

15-20 Brussels sprouts, stems removed and quartered
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and drizzel with olive oil and balsamic vinegar until well coated. Add salt and pepper and toss to cover. Add sprouts to baking sheet lined with foil and roast for 15-20 minutes or until caramelized.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Have you had the brussels sprout salad at Pizza Bella? I am obsessed!

Erica said...

@Leslie! I haven't...I will have to try that soon! It's been forever since I have been to Pizza Bella but it was fab last time I was. Thanks for the suggestion!

Post a Comment