Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wine Wednesday: Bogle Chardonnay


 
I'm going to start a new weekly feature on the blog that will allow me to share another passion beyond cooking: wine. The hubs and I are not wine connoisseurs by any means, but we are definitely taking the steps to learn more about wine. He's much better about describing the flavors but I am getting there!

Last weekend, we had Dave's mom and one of her friends over for dinner when they were in town. They were nice enough to bring a couple of bottles of wine to enjoy and actually shared their favorite--Bogle's Chardonnay. I'm typically not a huge chardonnay fan, sometimes the oakiness just takes over the flavors in my opinion. This is not the case with the Bogle version. It's very crisp on the palate, with the fruity flavors of apple and pear that come through. It's lighter in color than most chardonnays but the buttery taste is still there. We served this with a goat cheese and baby greens salad, which was a perfect compliment.

Vintage: 2010
Region: California
Price: $8-10

0 comments:

Post a Comment