Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

Okay, so I know that I promised to post updates last week. Obviously, that didn't happen. We have so super busy between work, a couple of weekend trips and all of the activities for my brother's upcoming wedding.

With all of this flurry of activity, we've also not made it to the grocery store which means less time cooking. When we got home from the KU football game on Saturday, our fridge was completely empty. A Lean Cuisine for dinner on a Saturday night is not my ideal choice.

When this hectic time of the year rears its ugly head, a fool-proof way for us to actually cook at home is to plan our meals for the week in advance. So, I headed to the grocery store yesterday afternoon, list in-hand. This is what we came up with:

Sunday: Wine, cheese and cocktail shrimp
Monday: Philly Cheesesteaks (using the leftover baguette) and roasted red potatoes
Tuesday: Garlic Pork Chops with Sauvignon Beurre Blanc and mashed potatoes
Wednesday: Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Thursday: Rep outing at The Westside Local (and yay--hubs is invited!)
Friday: Manale Shrimp
Saturday: Wedding reception/out with friends

As you can see, I tend to find my recipes online which is also a great time-saver! Two of those that we're trying are new, so I'll make sure to let you know how they turn out!

4 comments:

Megan said...

You are great at doing those weekly menus. You should make menus for people...like me, who just aren't creative enough to come up with a weekly dinner menu. Then you could make their shopping lists too. Charge something per week. You'd be good at that!

Leslie said...

Ooh I hope you like the Manale shrimp! Seriously - it's the best thing I've made in awhile. Make sure you have lots of crusty bread to dip!

Dawn said...

Okay, dumb, dumb question...but, what do you do with the leftovers?

I've been at this awhile, and I still have a hard time figuring out how many meals I need to make each week. I have 5 kids..I've been married over 10 years. I should have this figured out by now, right? Embarrassing, I know.

I usually plan to have leftovers a few nights each week, or I send leftovers to work with Matt, or the kids and I eat them for lunch. But I never cook every night. We would be swimming in leftovers!

Erica said...

Dawn--I try to scale down our recipes so that it will feed just Dave and myself if at all possible. If we do have leftovers, Dave or I will take them to work most times!

Post a Comment