Sunday, August 23, 2009

Food Network Magazine

Magazines have always been my passion. I focused my journalism degree in magazine studies in college, learning the ins and outs of what it takes to start a career in the field. While becoming editor of Real Simple didn't pan out as I had originally thought, as part of my current 9-5 job I plan and purchase media at a local advertising agency. Last week as I reviewed proposals for a new client, I spoke with the new sales rep for the Food Network Magazine. Yes, I said magazine! She so kindly sent me copies of the first four issues and I have been diving into them ever since.



The first issue hit newsstands in October 2008 and already has a press run of over 1 million copies, which is super impressive in the print media world. To say this magazine will be a success is an understatement in my opinion. Personally, I love everything about it. The pages are thick--the colors and the photography pop right off the page--I just can't get enough! There are a couple of other unique features that I thoroughly enjoy, specifically the recipe index at the front of the book (sorted by dish with pictures!) and the bonus insert that includes 50 recipes that correlate with the theme for that issue.

If you're a foodie like me, rush to the grocery store now and pick up the latest issue. You won't regret it!

1 comments:

Rach said...

This magazine looks awesome! I am going to look for it next time I'm out. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment