Monday, July 25, 2011

A twist on the traditional mojito

Three words for you. I.HATE.SUMMER. Or at least right now I do. In Kansas City, I believe the heat index has been above 100 degrees for the past 16 or so days. I feel like people have finally gotten to the point where they’ve gone crazy as I have heard many say that it was a beautiful day yesterday. People, the high yesterday was 93 degrees. I’m pretty sure the heat index was over 100—it was not cool outside nor was it beautiful out.

One thing that can bring relief is an ice cold cocktail. I heard of a twist on a traditional mojito , using basil instead of mint, and decided to try it over the weekend on what could have been the hottest day of the summer. And it was delish.


Basil Mojito
2 ounces light rum (I used Bacardi)
6-8 basil leaves
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
Fresh squeezed juice from 1/2 Lime
Club soda
 
Add rum, basil leaves, powdered sugar and lime juice to highball glass. Muddle to combine ingredients. Fill glass with ice, top off with soda water and stir to mix. Garnish with lime and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment