Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm back...and an easy weeknight dinner!

Okay, so I’ve decided to get back into this blogging thing. I think one of the reasons why it was so hard to keep up on it before is because I put too much pressure on myself for it to be perfect—the perfect length of posts, the perfect pictures, perfect humor, etc. Blogging is something that I really miss doing, so I’m attacking it head on but with a different attitude. This time around, I’m focusing on making it easy. So to get back into things, I’m posting a very easy weeknight dinner that has tons of flavor but is very quick to create.




Chicken Tikka Masala

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Archer Farms Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce (from Target)

Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and bring to temperature. Add chicken to pan and cook on each side for 2 minutes, or until browned. Add ¼ cup of Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce and simmer for 2-3 more minutes to fully develop flavors. Remove from heat and serve alongside curry roasted cauliflower and rice.




Curry Roasted Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Curry powder
Salt
Pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove cauliflower florets from stems and chop into small pieces. Add to large bowl and toss with olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper (to your taste). Spread evenly over roasting pan covered with foil and cook for 15-20 minutes.

Serves 2 (plus extra cauliflower!)

1 comments:

Post a Comment